|This article is about the quest. For the location, see Bastion.|
Prerequisite: if you haven't completed the secondary quest Magic Lamp, the second part of this quest will be unreachable.
The Bastion will contain wraiths so be on your guard. After killing all the wraiths, use the Magic lamp to find 5 locations where the lamp can be used, 1 on the ground level, 3 on the second level and 1 inside a ruined tower where you'll find the bones of a young witcher trainee who was stabbed with a pitchfork. The first 4 will show images of the boy's training days while the last of how his witcher instructor told him and other trainee's to hide there. To reach the tower you'll need to climb on the wall using a ladder located on the eastern wall. Once you find his remains pick them up, this will cause more wraiths to spawn, so deal with them once you get back down. Now go to the marked location to bury his remains and the quest will finish.
- An observation tower located on a hillside near Kaer Morhen caught Geralt's eye. Though the structure had been there for as long as he could remember, this was the first time in ages he had bothered to inspect it more closely. When he did, he discovered a whole heap of wraiths had taken up residence within. I've said it before and I'll say it again - witchers make horrible housekeepers.
- Geralt was able to deduce from the evidence at hand that the fortress was haunted by the ghost of a boy who had once trained to be a witcher. His monster slaying career had been tragically nipped in the bud when enraged fanatics attacked Kaer Morhen.
- Geralt found and buried the poor lad's remains, and along with them two swords, one of silver, the other of steel. He hoped this would give the boy's tortured soul some peace and allow him to depart from the old bastion.
- Explore the old bastion near Kaer Morhen using your Witcher Senses.
- Eliminate the wraiths haunting the old bastion.
- Use Keira's lamp to investigate the old bastion.
- Look for the boy's remains around the bastion using your Witcher Senses.
- Use Keira's lamp to find out what happened to the boy.
- Pick up the boy's remains.
- Bury the boy's remains.