Head to the hidden treasure spot far west of Flovive, along the Sansretour River bank, to find 3 drowners eating on a corpse. Loot the corpse for a small key and the Letter to Pascal Pélissier and read the letter to start the quest. Now, swim out to the indicated marker south of your location and where some more drowners are.
The treasure itself is in the broken part of the ship, near the west edge of the search area on your map. On the surface, it's underneath the part of the ship sticking out of the water. Loot it for several valuable items (including the unique junk items Pompadoux necklace and Pompadoux bracelet) to complete the quest.
- While traversing the boggy flood plains along the Sansretour, Geralt almost tripped over the corpse of a drowned man washed up on the bank. He searched the man's bloated remains and found a letter that revealed a bit about the deceased.
- The youth had been sent to the river to fish out a treasure from a boat that had gone to the bottom years before. Interestingly, Geralt had already happened on another wretch much like this one. As it was, both had been sent to a certain death by one Bella de Gunness.
The unfortunate souls would do no more diving. Geralt decided to look for the chest full of valuables himself.
- The boat wreck was swarming with drowners. Yet the witcher cut them down to the last in a flash. He then found the treasure and, wealthier by a tidy sum, set off for his next adventure!
- Read the letter.
- Find the casket within the sunken wreck.
- The name of the quest is a reference to the English term that typically refers to a woman that kills her partner(s).
- The name of the author of the letter (and two other similar letters in the game) is Bella de Gunness, a reference to real life serial killer Belle Gunness. Similarly, Belle used to lure men with the promise of company only to end up killing them