Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
The quest is initiated by searching the body just inside Bloodrot Pit's entrance. Loot the yellowed letter and bent key off of the body and enter the cave. You will be attacked by several small arachnomorphs in the first part of the cave. After defeating them, move onto the second part of the cave, where you will have to fight a large arachnomorph. Once you have killed all of the monsters, loot the small, locked chest next to the shovel that is sticking out of the ground, completing the quest.
Journal Entry[edit | edit source]
- While traveling near Novigrad, Geralt happened across the body of an unfortunate wretch who had stumbled into a cave full of arachnomorphs. In his pockets was a yellowed letter.
- The letter was from a thief informing his partner about where he had hidden their takings. To their great misfortune, the damp cave he had chosen was also home to monstrous spiders, who'd made the treasure's hiding spot the very heart of their lair...
- The letter told the truth – Geralt found the hidden treasure and kept a one hundred percent finder's fee for himself.
Objectives[edit | edit source]
- Read the letter.
- Search the cave for a chest using your Witcher Senses.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- There is a bug, sometimes the quest does not complete when looting the chest, and thus stays active forever.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name of the quest is likely a reference to the 1994 film The Shawshank Redemption.