Head down the spiral staircase into the ruins and enter the first chamber across from the stairs. Inside the chamber Count Romilly's journal part 1 can be found on a table. A chest beyond the table can be unlocked and contains loot. Opening the chest will finish the quest.
- Despite numerous warnings, Geralt ventured deep into Deadwight Wood, where he found the ruins of Castle Arnskrone. There he fought a tough battle against an ancient leshen and found the earthly remains of Walter Romilly, and with them the eccentric count's journal.
- Part of the count's journal described his foul treatment of Anastasia von Bourmann, who he believed to have been marked by a leshen. It also made mention of coin stashed somewhere beneath the castle.
- Deep within the castle's subterranean passages Geralt uncovered Count Romilly's dark secret and the source of his wealth. The bleak ruins also contained treasure, which the witcher found and kept.
- Read Count Romilly's notes.
- Search the ruins of Count Romilly's castle.