Secondary quests in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt are not contracts or treasure hunts and can be as simple as talking to someone or in-depth as running around hunting down clues and people in multiple locations.
In most circumstances you are able to leave and resume secondary quests at any time but make sure to read a quest's page for any restrictions or time constraints.
For more information on the various quests in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, see the following:
- For the main quests list, see The Witcher 3 main quests.
- For the contracts list, see The Witcher 3 contracts.
- For the treasure hunts list, see The Witcher 3 treasure hunts.
- * denotes an unmarked quest. It won't show up in the journal.
- † denotes a quest that is no longer available after the main quest, The Isle of Mists.
- ‡ denotes a quest that will fail upon advancing the main quest, Ugly Baby.
Unless otherwise stated, the Kaer Morhen quests are accessible at any time prior to Act II: The Battle of Kaer Morhen, or afterwards. An optimal time to complete these quests is during the Main Quest: Ugly Baby.
|Collect 'Em All||multiple locations|
|Gwent: Old Pals||multiple locations|
|The Bastion||23||Kaer Morhen|
|Berengar's Blade †||27||Kaer Morhen|
|Greenhouse Effect||27||Kaer Morhen|
|Monster Slayer||26||Kaer Morhen|
|Trail of Echoes*||Kaer Morhen|
|The Witchers' Forge||30||Kaer Morhen|
Hearts of Stone expansion Edit
For secondary quests in first expansion, see Hearts of Stone quests.
Blood and Wine expansion Edit
For secondary quests in second expansion, see Blood and Wine quests.
- ↑ The Whispering Hillock is one of the only quests in the game that is classified as both main and secondary, depending on how it's found. If found before progressing far enough in the main story line, it'll show up as secondary. Otherwise, it'll eventually show up as a required (main) quest further along in the story.