Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales is a role-playing strategy video game developed by CD Projekt RED. It is a single-player spin-off of Gwent: The Witcher Card Game which was released on 23 October 2018.
- The world stands on the verge of chaos, as the tensions between the power-hungry Nilfgaardian Empire and proud Northern Realms grow. Facing an imminent invasion, Meve — war-veteran Queen of Lyria and Rivia — is forced to once again enter the warpath, and set out on a dark journey of destruction and revenge.
The game combines gameplay elements of point-and-click adventure games, strategy card games, and visual novels. It is played from a top-down perspective, with movement in the world facilitated through use of the mouse or controller. As Queen Meve, one is able to roam the map freely and complete quests, all the while gathering resources such as gold, wood, and recruits which are used to maintain and expand an army.
Animated cutscenes similar to those found in visual novels portray interactions between characters. In these cutscenes, it is possible to make dialogue choices which may affect the course of the story. Combat mechanics closely resemble the gameplay of Gwent: The Witcher Card Game. In combat, units are represented by unit cards which both sides play in a turn-based system. Special cards and leader abilities may also be used to affect the outcome of a battle. The strength values of both sides are compared at the end of a round to determine the victor.
Thronebreaker was initially announced as a single-player expansion for Gwent: The Witcher Card Game in August 2017. Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz and Karolina Stachyra, both of whom designed quests for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, were said to be working on the new project.
- OS: Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (64 bit)
- Processor: Intel Celeron G1820 / AMD A4-7300
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 / Radeon R7 240
- Storage: 15 GB
- ↑ Official Witcher Thronebreaker website
- ↑ The first 24 minutes of Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales |Entertainium Previews
- ↑ Gwent introduces Thronebreaker story campaign