"Witchers take this potion before fighting strong, heavily armored opponents. Imbibing Thunderbolt causes witchers to enter into a battle trance. While in this state, witchers attack more efficiently and cause greater damage, while at the same time neglecting their own defense and becoming an easier target."
Thunderbolt potion increases damage inflicted on opponents by 100%, but reduces dodging and parrying efficiency by 50% each.
Source[edit | edit source]
- The Book of the Full Moon
- Geralt receives a potion in the Prologue from Vesemir during the Defending Kaer Morhen quest.
The formula for this potion must be acquired before it can be brewed.
Journal Entry[edit | edit source]
- The Thunderbolt potion augments muscle power and thus damage dealt using a sword. As simple as it is effective, the brew is a more powerful version of the Rook potion.
- Unfortunately, Thunderbolt may cause weaker muscle fibers to rupture, decreasing both Vitality and its regeneration. These side effects can be alleviated by taking the Swallow potion.
- Potion significantly increases Toxicity when imbibed.
- This potion is recommended before fighting particularly resilient or heavily armored monsters.
Thunderbolt returns as a potion in the third game.
Three of these potions can be crafted at any one time and placed in the consumables slot.
The recipe for Thunderbolt is given by Vesemir in the quest The Beast of White Orchard once all preparations for the griffin fight are completed. All the ingredients needed to craft the potion are also provided then.
See Also[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
- See the GWENT standalone game version card: Thunderbolt