For easier viewing and separation of canon/non-canon this page has been split into 3 sections. Only the main page is considered canon, the others are non-canon (like the games, Netflix show, and other adaptations).
Between 2700 BR to 1240 BR
- Dwarves arrive in the lands of Continent, the gnomes already have small colonies in Mahakam and Tir Tochair
- 2230s BR - the Age of Migration, Aen Seidhe elves arrive on their white ships (if a phrase "2000 years before the arrival of humans" means the 2000 years before the Conjunction of the Spheres)
- 1240s BR - The Age of Migration (if a phrase "2000 years before the arrival of humans" means the 2000 years before the First Landing)
- The Conjunction of the Spheres
- Humans arrive in the world
- Emergence of goddess worship in the form of Melitele, one of the oldest and most widespread systems of beliefs
- Development of a written language based on elven runes and dwarven ideograms
- The Resurrection
- The necropolis at Fen Carn is created
- Nordling people arrive in the north of the Continent, human civilizations already present in the other parts of the world (people also settle in the south)
- Known as the "First Landing" or "Landing of the Exiles", this event is very important in human history. Humans most likely came ashore at the mouth of the Yaruga and the Pontar Delta. Once on land, Jan Bekker was quick to discover and harness the Force found there and humans set up the first settlement. It took several hundred years for the elves to notice the growing threat posed by the newcomers
Between 760s and 830s
- Reigns of Dezmod and Sambuk begin simultaneously
- The introduction of a new (twenty-four character) alphabet
- The Novigradian Union is formed
- Geoffrey Monck takes a group of children to be trained by the elves at Loc Muinne
- Mages' seat in Mirthe is established
- Massacre at Loc Muinne and Est Haemlet carried out by Raupenneck of Tretogor's army. Carnage at Shaerrawedd
- Raffard the White ends the Six Years' War between warring kings. While he does not officially rule, he becomes the first advisor to Temeria's mentally ill king, commanding power from behind
- Creation of the Conclave of Mages and adoption of the laws drawn up by Herbert Stammelford, Aurora Henson, Ivo Richert, Agnes of Glanville, Geoffrey Monck and Radmir of Tor Carnedd
- Formation of the Chapter and Supreme Council of Mages
- Executions of all those who do not recognize the Conclave and new laws. Raffard the White is among those killed in the ensuing conflict
- The witcher Vesemir is noted as being active in fulfilling the duties of his profession during this year.
- King Radovid III, looking for resources to wage war against Aedirn, decides to tax the Appanage of Kovir. The Appanage declares itself as the independent Kingdom of Kovir, resulting in war between the new kingdom and Redania. Despite support from ally Kaedwen, the war ends with Kovir's victory and the First Treaty of Lan Exeter is signed
- The mage Cregennan is murdered in Foam, Lara Dorren gives birth to their child and dies of exhaustion in the woods near Tretogor. Queen Cerro of Redania adopts the half-elf girl and named her Riannon
- Lara's death triggers another war between elves and humans, fostering racial tension that continues through the 13th century
- Aedirn conquers Dol Blathanna
- The Houtborg triplets are born
- Falka's Rebellion
- Goidemar's troops assault Houtborg castle
- Coram II is born
- Outbreak of the Black Death plague in Vizima and Princess Adela dies helping priests in the hospital
- Prince Amavet is cruelly murdered by Count Roger Kameny and his men
- Roger Kameny is subjected to torture and torn apart by horses. This incident prompts the Temerian nobility to rebel which is suppressed by the intervention of Cidarian forces led by King Liam
- Prince Amavet's illegitimate children, Muriel and Crispin, are born
- Corbett is born
- Coram II ascends the Cintran throne
- In the village of Forest Dam, an obelisk is erected by Spyridon Apps to commemorate the prophet Lebioda's sermon there sixty-seven years prior
- The Borsodi brothers officially enter business, trading horses and livestock from a shed in the countryside
- Kobus de Ruyter is born
- Sigismund Dijkstra is born
- Audoen separates Hengfors from Kovir during the Secession of Poviss and forms there his miniature kingdom, which includes Arcsea
- Ildiko Breckl is born
- A group of dissidents forms against Fergus var Emreis, with Vysogota of Corvo as one of its leaders
- Olaf Stigvason is born
- Dandelion is born
- Peter Evertsen is born
- Roegner of Ebbing is saved from death by Duny, going by the name "Urcheon of Erlenwald", who invokes the Law of Surprise as his payment
- Pavetta, Calanthe and Roegner's daughter, is born
- The massacre in Lello, enacted by the witcher Brehen, takes place
- The Brotherhood of Sorcerers employ the services of the jurists Codringher and Jacob Fenn in discrediting the witness of a scandal known as "The Grain Scam"
- June-August - events of the Season of Storms novel (according to a year mentioned in the in-novel letters, inconsistent with dates from the Saga)
- Roegner of Ebbing dies
- Carthia van Canten is born
- Shani is born
- Unknown time before Season of Storms, the short story "A Shard of Ice" takes place
- June-August - events of Season of Storms (calculation based on the rest of books)
- The short story "A Question of Price" takes place
- Duny and Pavetta, Ciri's parents are married
- Eist Tuirseach and Calanthe are married
- Belleteyn (night between 30 April and 1 May) - Princess Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon of Cintra is born. She is better known as Ciri or the Lion Cub of Cintra
- Radovid V is born
- Calanthe breaks the engagement of Prince Windhalm of Attre and Ciri
- Death of Pavetta and Duny at Sedna Abyss
- Engagement of Prince Kistrin of Verden and Ciri
- Emhyr var Emreis overthrows and executes the Usurper, taking again control of the Imperial throne
- Dandelion travels to Toussaint and meets Duchess Anna Henrietta and the two become romantically involved from Belleteyn to the summer solstice.
- The short story "The Sword of Destiny" takes place
- Calanthe breaks the engagement of Prince Kistrin of Verden and Ciri
- Engagement of Prince Radovid V of Redania and Ciri
- King Vizimir II breaks the engagement between the pair
- The Nilfgaardian Empire invades the Northern Kingdoms, triggering the First Northern War
- The short story "Something More" takes place
- Ebbing confederation insurrection takes place
- Duke Raymund of Toussaint dies, his wife Duchess Anna Henrietta takes over
- Major events in Blood of Elves, Time of Contempt, and Baptism of Fire take place
- Vizimir II, Meve, Foltest, Demavend, and Henselt meet secretly at Hagge
- Cintra rebellion takes place. Windhalm of Attre is executed in Cintra.
- July - Thanedd coup; Nilfgaardian Empire invades Dol Angra valley; Second Northern War begins
- Attre rebellion start
- 5th August - the Lodge of Sorceresses is formed by Philippa Eilhart and conspires to wed Ciri to Tankred Thyssen of Kovir in order to create a country ruled by magic, eventually hoping to eclipse Nilfgaard in might
- 31st August - The Battle for the Bridge on the Yaruga takes place.
- 9th September - The Rats confront Leo Bonhart in the village of Jealousy and are killed in combat.
- 27th September - Vysogota of Corvo discovers the wounded Ciri and takes her back to his cottage to recuperate.
- 31st October - On Saovine Eve, Ciri kills several members of Stefan Skellen's gang in a tavern in Dun Dare. In his cottage, Vysogota passes away.
- November - Ciri kills several members of Stefan Skellen's gang, including Rience on Tarn Mira. Ciri escapes from Bonhart by entering Tor Zireael.
- Major events in The Lady of the Lake take place
- Red comet, first week of March
- March - Battle of Brenna takes place
- The Second Northern War ends
- Assault on Stygga Castle
- 2nd April - Peace of Cintra – a peace settlement treaty ending the Nilfgaard wars, is signed
- Execution of Vrihedd Brigade officers
- 6 or 7 June – the Rivian Pogrom, Geralt of Rivia is apparently killed by an angry peasant mob, his body is never found. Yennefer of Vengerberg appears to die trying to heal him. The pair were taken by Ciri to a pocket dimension and left there to heal and live their lives in peace.
- 22nd September - Joanna Selborne appears before imperial officials in the High Tribunal of the Eternal Empire and testifies regarding the events of the previous year.
- First outbreak of plague
- Attre rebellion ends
- In Maribor, Milo "Rusty" Vanderbeck contracts the plague and passes away in the arms of Iola the Second. Four days later, she passes away from the plague alone.
- The end of the witch hunts
- Peter Evertsen is promoted to imperial treasurer of the crown
- Third outbreak of plague
End of the thirteenth century
- Beginning of climate change
- Peter Evertsen is falsely accused of misappropriation of imperial funds, found guilty, imprisoned and executed at Winneburg Castle
- Morvran Voorhis ceases being Emperor of Nilfgaard
- Jan Calveit becomes Emperor of Nilfgaard
- Jan Calveit appoints Houvenaghel burgrave and director of mines in Venendal and as reward for services rendered gives him the office of mayor of Neveugen
- Houvenaghel dies
- Start of the War of the Two Unicorns
- End of the War of the Two Unicorns
- Death of Stella Congreve
- Death of Shani
- Prior this year, the majority of Aen Seidhe has left the world through Ard Gaeth, taking with them most of their art and destroying what couldn't be taken
- Young Nimue verch Wledyr ap Gwyn travels to Aretuza
- An unnamed white-haired witcher kills one of the last idrs in Magpie Forest
- Flourens Delannoy is born
- Flourens Delannoy becomes librarian and secretary to the imperial court
- Flourens Delannoy dies
- A few ages after Northern Wars Nimue and Condwiramurs Tilly cooperate to fill missing links in story of Geralt, Ciri, and Yennefer.
- Archeologists from the University of Castel Graupian discover Dandelion's lost first writings of Half a Century of Poetry in Beauclair. Estimations from professor Schliemann correctly place the manuscript as a 13th century relic, belonging to the Dark Ages.
- 15 years old Ciri visits the future of her world while escaping the Wild Hunt with Ihuarraquax. Wandering around what seems to be a petrol-smelling asphalt road and a garbage dump, she is disgusted and after learning from the unicorn that this is her world, she is horrified and hopes it is the distant past, not the future that awaits.
- Approximately 3 000 years after Nimue and Condwiramurs' work, the world's unstable orbit reaches maximum and prompts the ice age, known as the White Frost from Ithlinne's prophecy. The epoch is said to end with the "New Sun" and rebirth of the world.