Southeast of the Devil's Pit, along one of the small roads, is a hidden treasure marker. This area is guarded over by a lone foglet who will soon appear once you approach the wagon here if he isn't already there. Kill it and then loot the two bodies here for a letter and a small key. Reading the letter will start the quest and use the key to unlock the chest on the wagon to complete it.
Journal entry Edit
- Geralt came across an abandoned cart. A letter he found nearby suggested it had been carrying valuable cargo. He decided to read the letter carefully, then take a good, hard look around.
- Of course you can stay with us! What kind of question's that?! Come, bring the whole family. War hasn't struck here yet, we've got plenty of food - my belly's even grown a bit in recent weeks. So if you take a bit of beer and bacon out of my mouth, you'll actually be doing me a favor.
- We're already preparing a bed for you. You'll stay in the attic - it's comfortable there, long as you don't forget to duck when you go up the stairs.
- Happy trails, Juenner. See you soon.
- Though Geralt felt sorry for the people to whom the wagon had once belonged, this did not stop him from taking the goods which they had left behind. You might find fault with this, but... Those were tough times, and the witcher was sorely in need of coin.
- Read the letter you found.
- Find valuables near the destroyed wagon using your Witcher Senses.