| ||A vassal duchy of Nilfgaard, widely considered a beautiful, fable-like land where everyone is eternally tipsy.|| |
|- Game map description|
Toussaint is a small duchy under the banner of the Empire of Nilfgaard, famous for its wines, enabled by the region's volcanic soil and ideal combination of sunny and rainy days. This mountainous place is ruled by Anna Henrietta during the events of the games and novels. Toussaint does not maintain a large standing army of its own, instead relying on a few regiments of knights-errant, watching the borders and roads in conjunction with Ducal Guard.
Tradition is a holy thing in Toussaint. Holidays, the most important of them being Wine Vat, are keenly observed.
Despite being a vassal state of Nilfgaard, Toussaint maintains high level of autonomy and the Nilfgaardian Empire does not tend to impose imperial authority on its internal affair or violate its borders for the most part.
National Emblems Edit
Coats of arms Edit
The coat of arms for Toussaint is not actually described in the novels. The current coat of arms was designed by our resident heraldry and Witcher expert Mboro. The second was inspired by the Czech concept (the drawing) and redesigned by Juraj103.
Notable Toussaintois Edit
- Toussaint is the French name for the "real world" Catholic holiday celebrated on November 1st, All Saints' Day. It is also the name of a commune in Upper Normandy in the northern part of France.
- In the Blood and Wine expansion, many of its inhabitants will speak French at times. This includes grammar; one letter mockingly calls the Italian wine Est est (Latin for "is is") "Était Était," French for "was was" or "used to be used to be."
- Beauclair's architecture is based on the mannerist architecture of Zamość, Poland.
- The culture is based on the mediterranean regions in Italy, Spain, and southern France.
- The Ducal Guard wears morions, helmets of Spanish origin.