Geralt must speak to Emhyr about freeing Fringilla Vigo so that she can aid him in his upcoming battle with the Wild Hunt. Emhyr is aboard his flagship, which is surrounded by his fleet near Undvik. Your goal is to reach the anchor of the flagship and climb aboard. To do so, you must swim to the flagship in the evening while avoiding the fleet's spotlights. If you are discovered before reaching the flagship, the Nilfgaardian soldiers will become hostile. Once you reach the flagship's anchor, a soldier will recognize you and allow you to board.
Interacting with the anchor will trigger a cutscene in which Geralt asks Emhyr to release Fringilla. Emhyr agrees, and Fringilla is freed. She then teleports Geralt back to Kaer Trolde Harbor, and the quest is completed.
- As an attentive reader you surely remember that the Wild Hunt could only be defeated with the help of powerful magic, and for this reason Geralt had recruited the most powerful sorceresses in the world, both those he liked and those he utterly detested, to join his cause. When a chance arose to add Fringilla Vigo to the roster, Geralt seized it without a moment's hesitation and went straightaway to the emperor's ship, where the dark-haired sorceress was being held.
- Fringilla Vigo was the emperor's prisoner, and probably would have remained so till the end of her days if not for Yennefer's pact with Emhyr. He agreed to let the sorceress go - on condition she help in the fight against the Wild Hunt.
- Sneak onto the emperor's flagship under cover of darkness.
- A good idea is to fast travel to Marlin Coast and walk by the coast, when you are in a good spot use the potion Killer Whale and just swim deep water to the vessel anchor.
- It is possible to complete the quest by sailing to the flagship on a boat (day or night) or by swimming to the flagship during the day, but approaching the fleet these ways will cause the soldiers to become immediately hostile, and you will have to race to the emperor's flagship while being attacked.
- If you try to swim to the flagship during the day, to avoid being spotted by the soldiers you must swim deep underwater, close to the ocean floor. If you are too close to the surface, the soldiers will spot you and attack.
- This quest's title is a reference to the famous Latin phrase "Veni, vidi, vici", meaning "I came; I saw; I conquered".