Zangvebar lies down off the Continent's southern edge, although some Nordling scholars like Markus Hohlenberg think it's the same landmass connected by an isthmus of deserts and savannas. Its landscape varies from wastes to thick forests with mimosa trees.
The Zangvebari are primarily a trade nation. They are often seen in Nordling ports engaged in the commerce. They sell various products including mimosa bark or even the enslaved cynocephali. The cynocephali are also often engraved on Zangvebarian clocks and compasses.
Some Nilfgaardians tend to see Zangvebarians as barbarians no different than Zerrikanians or Nordlings. For example, Ardal aep Dahy mockingly suggested that if the Emperor couldn't find Ciri, he may as well present an empress of Zerrikanian or Zangvebarian origin.
- Zangvebar and Zanguebar are old names for Zanzibar, a vast trade center where local Bantu and Swahili cultures crossed with Arabic, Persian, Indonesian, Malaysian, Indian, Chinese, and European since antiquity.
- ↑ Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales
- ↑ Wiedźmin: Gra Wyobraźni
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Sword of Destiny
- ↑ The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
- ↑ ListenUp! S1E1: Mike and Cody Talk About Lore
- ↑ The Lady of the Lake
- ↑ His name appears in a description of The Pali Gap Coast and serves as an easter-egg to a famous musician, Jimmy Hendrix. When asked whether does Xirdneh exist in the universe, Story Director of CD Projekt stated that it is left for interpretation.